Gearbox Software, one of the developers for the rather dismal first person shooter Aliens: Colonial Marines, has today released another patch in hopes of fixing the game and making it ‘slightly’ more playable for those who still own it.
Shortly after Aliens: Colonial Marines was released a huge patch / update was released that fixed / altered majority of the gameplay elements in the game, but while the game AI was improved the visuals still looked the same. The same goes for this second patch, as the visuals have been altered / updated but instead gameplay mechanics and AI have the campaign and multiplayer have all been changed.
Here is a list of everything that has been changed in this latest patch:
- Adjusted melee encounter animations
Various AI Improvements
- Adjusted Xeno behavior to only allow for tail attacks when they’re on ceilings
- Fixed an issue that could cause Xenos to walk upright on ceilings
- Adjusted Lurker AI to retreat a bit after a close encounter
- Fixed a bug where AI marines would occasionally default pose if incapacitated from a melee encounter
- Fixed a bug where AI would still be targetable by Xenos while incapacitated
- Changed the close encounter lighting to fade out instead of abruptly turning off
- Addressed an issue where player weapons would possibly continue to fire during melee encounters
- Adjusted the dissolve effect for Xeno head pieces and particles in Bug Hunt and multiplayer
- Adjusted the attack angle for the Xeno tail stab to prevent stretching
- Addressed an issue where Xeno gore effects would occasionally play twice
- Addressed an issue with the ‘Eat This!’ achievement from not being unlocked when using the double-barreled flush gun
- Addressed a rare crash bug when using interactive objects
- Addressed an issue where the motion tracker ping would play when you didn’t have a motion tracker available
- Addressed an issue where some particles would not appear when the World Detail slider was set to the minimum. NOTE: This may require some users to re-configure the World Detail slider (under Settings -> Video ) to ensure the setting is applied properly.
- Adjusted “Recruit” difficulty to be easier. (Other difficulty options have not changed)
- Adjusted a broken Extermination Point in Excavation
- Addressed an issue in Extermination where the last two Extermination Points used would sometimes immediately reactivate
- Addressed an issue that wouldn’t let you select spectator cameras when joining games in progress
This patch will be rolling out across all versions of the game (Xbox 360, PS3 and PC) throughout the week and the patch should automatically appear for download once the game has started.