At San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC), Gazillion Entertainment announced that Marvel Heroes, which is the free-to-play online MMO with Marvel characters, will shortly receive a brand new zone to explore as well as a new update which add new features.
Entitled ‘Asgard Zone’ this new area will allow players to explore of the world of Asgard, the home of Thor, as well as experience new missions and adventures within Asgard. Marvel Heroes’ first new zone ‘Asgard’ will include:
- New Story Content – new missions and adventures across the world of Asgard
- New Areas – New PvE areas, new PvP modes& end-game content
In addition to Asgard being included into the game, Gazillion Entertainment will also release a new patch, entitled 1.11, which will add items, PvP modes and a new character. The Patch 1.11 update will arrive shortly and it is the first of many expected updates for the game:
- End Game Additions – New Player versus Player (PvP) & End Game modes
- Eternity Splinters – A new currency that will offer an alternate method to earn playable Heroes
- Ultimate Updates – A new tier of powerful “Ultimate” items than enhance Heroes’ Ultimate Powers
- Human Torch – Players will be able to suit up as the Human Torch for the first time
Finally to top it all off, Gazillion Entertainment also confirmed that over 1.5 million users have signed up for the Marvel Heroes MMO, with new players joining every day, as David Brevik, CEO of Gazillion Entertainment, explains:
“We are honored by this incredible one and a half million registered user milestone and thank everyone who has played Marvel Heroes. As the Marvel Heroes community continues to grow and expand, we’re working hard to make the game play experience even better and add new content to the game. This is just the beginning for Marvel Heroes. We’re very excited about the future.”
Marvel Heroes is the free-to-play MMO that features 21 Super Heroes, including Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor, Wolverine, Hulk and Captain America with each hero available for customization through unique and extensive leveling systems, power trees, equipment and a robust crafting system. Players interested in playing the game can register at the official website or download the game via steam.