Sony, in conjunction with Naughty Dog, have recently revealed that The Last of Us will receive not one, but two different Special Edition versions of the game – with each version being tailored to one of the game’s main characters.
The Main characters of The Last of Us game are Joel & Ellie, so the Special Edition versions of the game are being called ‘The Joel Edition’ and ‘The Ellie Edition’, with each bundle having unique features to that particular character.
Depsite the ‘unique’ content, each Special Edition Bundle will contain the same items, which include:
– The Last of Us Game
– The Last of Us mini artbook
– The Last of Us: American Dreams Issue #1
– Collectable poster
– DUALSHOCK 3 skin
– LittleBigPlanet Sackboy Skin
Sights & Sounds DLC Pack:
– Official Game Soundtrack by Academy Award winning musician Gustavo Santaolalla
– PS3 Dynamic Theme
– PSN Avatars: Winter Joel & Ellie
Survival DLC Pack:
– Bonus XP
– Melee booster
– In-game currency
– Customizable character items
– Bonus Joel and Ellie skins available once the single player game is completed
The Artwork for the Game Case, Box, Artbook, Sackboy Skin, Dualshock Skin and Poster will all be tailored to that particular character, for instance – if you purchase the Ellie edition then you will have Ellie’s face on majority of the content. All of the content will come inside a Canvas Wrap style packaging, which then fits neatly inside the box.
The Last of Us will be released exclusively onto the Playstation 3 in May 2013.